Monday, March 22, 2010

Speech Festival Craziness

So much of my life for the past 2 weeks has been consumed by the Speech Festival play. It's been filled with craziness, but I love each second of it. Every single one of the students in the play are bright, sweet, awesome kids and make the experience absolutely amazing. We practice hard and laugh equally as much. Since Spring Break was canceled this year, I decided to let my class periods have in-school spring break.... This means that they get to help me make all the props for the Dr. Faustus play! My room has been an assembly line for making props out of cardboard (drawings, cutting, painting, piecing together). While we have to get back to work next week, I think my students are enjoying a their chance to get some R&R. 

Today was a bit hectic. All the speech festival kids were exempt from their normal classes, so I had another teacher watch my applied tech classes while I worked on the play. We practiced, finished up costumes, and completed the set. During lunch I had to go pick up my uniform and a piece for Jason's costume. Right after school Rachel had to race across island to pick up the dresses that were being made for Rosie and Maelynn's costumes! Crazy! We also had to practice putting the set up and tearing it down in under 3 minutes, flush out a few trouble spots, and run through it as many times as possible before the other groups needed the stage! I think I will take a very long nap once all of this is done!
Joe (Dr. Faustus) and Jason (Mephistophiles) rehearsing

Joe with Gabby as Covetousness 
 Seven Deadly Sins: Ama, Gabby, Rosie, Matt, Feagaiga, Will, Elisia

No comments:

Post a Comment