Saturday, March 6, 2010

Pet Peeves

For one of this week’s journals I asked students to tell me about their “pet peeves.” On the board I added a hint as to the word’s meaning: little annoying things or things that bother you. Before having a chance to go over what “pet peeves” means, students began coming up to me and inquiring about the topic.  I got some hysterical responses that warmed my heart and made me laugh. These are the types of comments that make teaching here so fun.

  • “Ohhhhhh. So like when your dog pees on the carpet?” (this kid had a aha! face when he said it- like he suddenly found out the secret to life)
  • “But my dog doesn’t annoy me! I LOVE Snowy!” (said with the most innocent cartoon-like wide eyes ever)
It took a few examples and more explaining for the kids to understand the new phrase, but it made for some cute comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment