Sunday, September 6, 2009

Weekend So Far: Beaches & Flooding

After the emotional craziness of this week, I was in dire need of some major chill time. Saturday morning I had to go into Utulei for a meeting with the WT executive director. All the volunteers met in my classroom for a meet and greet session with the big boss from Harvard. After that I hit up the beach for a little R&R. 
My 2 good friends Matt and Max lucked out with their housing and got a place on a gorgeous beach!! From their house they look out at palm trees and the Pacific Ocean. On an island where many of the beaches are just rock and coral, they have a strip of sand and their very own dock! Talk about jealous! So I go to Coconut Point to take advantage of their view as much as humanly possible. They also have a litter of puppies that lives right outside their front door....anyone who knows me can understand why this is also a huge selling point! So my life is perfect when I get to play with tiny puppies while looking at palm trees and an ocean view!
I got home from the beach yesterday around 4pm when it started raining. It is now 1:45pm on Sunday, and the rain still hasn’t stopped. Our front yard looks like a swift, brown, river, and I’m afraid that the little old man’s house who lives in front of us (but at a much lower elevation) will be flooded. :( At least I don’t feel guilty for staying inside to blog, lesson plan, and grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment