Monday, September 28, 2009

Some New Threads

Whoo hooo for clothes! I’m still not totally adjusted to the lack of malls and stores here on The Rock. A month ago I bought a bunch of fabric to have sewn into clothes, but I never had the will power to drop it off at a sew shop. (I’m usually totally beat at the end of the school day- the lack of AC is a killer). Finally, I forced myself to make the extra stop on the way home and got fitted for my outfits. 4 days later I picked up a new wardrobe: 2 dresses, 3 fitted skirts, and 3 lava lavas (wrap skirts). It took a Hefty chunk of my itsy bitsy stipend but was well worth it. 2 dresses and 6 skirts custom made and sewn for $120 is a steal by US standards. For only $11 + fabric a skirt can be made to suit you perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment