Saturday, September 5, 2009

Puppy Love Cuteness

I really enjoy the personalities of many of my students, but on Friday one of my kids topped the cuteness scale. In each class period I have 9th-12th graders, so in one of my classes I now have a 9th grade boy, Prqynce, obsessed with a 12th grade girl, Aso, that sits next to him. On Friday I noticed that Prqynce was paying Aso a lot of attention, and when I was passing by their desks he says, “Ms. Jessie, look at my girl! Isn’t she beautiful.” Aso responded by nearly throwing up and retaliating with, “Ms. Jessie, make them stop looking at me!” Prqynce and Paul both sit with their fist under their chin, and just stare at Aso. Every once in a while they blurt out a cheesy line, and Aso just roles her eyes. I even let her move her desk over, so they couldn’t touch it ;) Prqynce was getting angry that Paul was also giving Aso attention, so he asked, “Can I beat Paul up? He’s looking at MY girl!” The whole class period I had to convince Prqynce to do his work rather than looking at and singing to Aso! I told him that his homework was to work on his lines, and then maybe she would pay him attention ;) After class was over, Aso walked out the door and said, “Oh, these boys!” Prqynce wasn’t as fast getting out of the classroom and, again, asked me if he could beat Paul up for liking “his girl.” He then sprinted out the door to run after the lovely Aso. It’s definitely fun getting to be the teacher and laugh at all the silly things high schoolers do. What’s funnier is that they don’t know that I’ve only been out for 3 years and know all their tricks and can catch their sneakiness! 

No comments:

Post a Comment