Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Snorkeling

I finally got a phone today! Yay! (If you are willing to pay for a international call just let me know and I will get you my number ;) I also discovered the island's teaching supply store. It's small and doesn't have too much, but the woman who runs it is great and willing to order stuff for us! 

After running errands, Kate, Max, and I trekked over to airport beach for some snorkeling. We have to hike around the airport runway between the water and the fence line. If you ignore all the trash and bushes, it's not too bad. Once you hike 30-40 minutes, the coast opens up to a little bay with a dead coral beach. It wasn't a perfect snorkeling day since it had been rainy and the visibility wasn't the best, but it was good to get in none the less. I don't have my fins yet, so it was a major work out. The current was strong so I would swim as hard as I could for about ten minutes, then drift back with the current. Kate and Max had a little bit easier of a time since they came prepared with fins.

The rest of the night was pretty mellow. After out tea time evening session, Kate and I listened to Dan and Max play their guitars. I was surprised at how many of the WT boys brought their guitars to Samoa, so it's fun to sit around and here them play/sing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment