Monday, July 6, 2009

Away I Go

Yay for my first Samoa blog! Though I still have 12 day until departure, I thought I would begin my story! So, on July 18th I leave Texas for my year long adventure. Much is still unknown, so I don’t know quite what to expect. 

For the first month all of the WT (World Teach) volunteers will be together for orientation. We will have training sessions, cultural lessons, language classes, island seminars, and more! This will be our acclimatization period to AS (American Samoa) and island culture. After that I begin teaching high school drafting/architectural basics at a vocational school! 

THE GAME PLAN
Saturday July 18: Away to LA
   After getting into LAX, I meet my fellow WT volunteers for the first time!
Sunday July 19: Away to Honolulu, Away to Pago Pago
   All of the volunteers fly out together from LAX. We fly to American Samoa by way of 
   Honolulu
Monday July 20: The fun begins! 

No comments:

Post a Comment