Monday, August 30, 2010

Bug Hunt

Ethan and I came home from work completely starving. We opted for an easy pasta dinner....but nothing ever goes quite right in Samoa. I took out the box of pasta and laid it on the counter before turning away to get something else. When I looked back the box was crawling with little bugs. Weevil-like-creepy-crawlies had stolen our pasta and made it their home and feasting grounds. I chunked the box in the trash, and Ethan grabbed a new box of pasta....but, of course, they had discovered it too....and the other 3 boxes. Some of the boxes were filled with the buggers. They weren’t little tiny weevils, though. They were much, much larger little devils. But in the way of Samoa, we didn’t want to waste all of our food. (Things are expensive on this Rock!) So, we choose the pasta with the least amount of bugs and just picked them out.....This is what life has come to.......picking through pasta boxes full of bugs and choosing the least infested...yum! 
I spent the next 10 minute stalking the counter for the bugs that didn’t make it into the trash and were trying to seek refuge elsewhere in the kitchen. I got a lot of joy out of singing a little bug killing tune and smashing there bodies flat. That’s what they get for eating 5 boxes of my food!  

No comments:

Post a Comment