Sunday, November 8, 2009

Cute Journal Entries

Each day, my class periods begin with a “Before the Bell” journal- a 5-10 minute writing assignment to get the students’ minds moving and get them occupied before the tardy bell rings.  
Each student turns in their weeks worth of journals on Friday. Over the weekend I get the long and tedious task of reading and grading them. While it’s a lot to read, I love finding out more about the students’ lives and thoughts. Occasionally they are insightful, others are laugh out loud funny, some are endearing, and others are simple but show writing improvement. Sometimes the students write funny notes about me and I though I would share a few from this week that really made me smile and laugh.
Question: “Think about the best teacher you have ever had. What made your favorite teacher so great?”
Response: “The best teacher I ever had is Ms. Jessica Weber. She is the best teacher in the world. She teaches us regardless of rain or shine. She gives us fair grades and does not condone fighting of any kind. She also likes to give all of the students candy for doing their work which is great. (More candy would make this teacher God) She's awesome.”
Question: “Which os more important- personality or appearance?”
Response: “So yeah, both of it is important, but your personality is more precious than your looks. Your attitude is much more important than your appearance. Plus, you look beautiful Ms. Jessie, and your personality is beyond awesomeness.”
Question: “Which os more important- personality or appearance?”
Response: “I’m the handsome guy in the world, a lot of girls tell me for when I blink my eyes to them, just a blink then they going to start talking to me. But I don’t want to do it to you Jessie because I don’t want you to broke with your boyfriend.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment