Sunday, February 7, 2010

Another Splendid Weekend

This past week was unbelievably long. Troubles of every kind with parents & students and feeling the remnants of dengue left me itching to leave school on Friday afternoon. I finished up my parent conferences at 5:30 and headed to Rubbles to meet Thahn, Rosemary, and Kate. 
I have the most wonderful friends. I walked in an they had a margarita poured and ready for me! What more can I ask? 
We stayed at Rubbles for hours sipping Margaritas and talking about life. I say this all the time, but I am so lucky to have a group of WONDERFUL friends here on island. It really would be impossible to stay sane here without such a supportive, caring, thoughtful crew! 
On Saturday morning we all did our own thing but Rosemary and I both ending up arriving at KoKo Bean within 5 minutes of each other. We sat in the AC all afternoon “working” on our computers. In actuality we would continually do a tiny bit of work followed by a large bit of talking. 
I got home from KoKo Bean about 5 pm and walked down to some of the local fruit stands not too far from my house. I bought about 12 mini bananas (yellow banana grow in mini-size here - about 1/2 the size of a normal banana), 6 regular sized bananas, and a pineapple for $5. Feeling accomplished I went back to my house to await the girls. Cynthia, Kate, Thahn, Taylor, and Rosemary all came over to Julia and I’s place. As always, we had awesome food (I think I would die if my friends weren’t such awesome cooks!) and conversation. We rounded out the night with 2 episodes of Glee. Kate brought home the projector she is so fortunate to have from school, and we watched Glee on the wall of my living room! 
Basically I had another awesome weekend with my lovely westside ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment