Monday, October 5, 2009

No Wifi in Paradise

Paradise doesn't come complete with super speed wifi.... 
Oh how I miss a steady, fast internet connection! To keep in touch and have “good” internet access, I splurged on an AirCard. It’s a wireless connection using  that runs off the cell towers, so, theoretically, I should be able to get service anywhere cell phones work..... well some how this wasn’t the case. Even when the AirCard was fully functioning, sometimes I could only hold a steady connection for 5 minutes or even 1 minute at a time. Since September 24th though, the AirCard hasn’t really been working out. It works decently (and by this I mean it takes 4-5 minutes to load a page) in town in Utulei, but I’m lucky if I can even load a page at home in Faleniu. Doesn’t ASTCA (the communications company) know I have people to email and g-chat with? :) 
So if you are trying to communicate with me right now through the web, I’m very sorry I haven’t responded in a timely manner! I promise I will write you back when I’m not tempted to throw my computer out the window each time I click a button and am forced watch the swirl of the “page loading” symbol for hours!

1 comment:

  1. I love your profile Picture!! Where was this taken? Lol what a shame, I've lived in American Samoa my whole life and don't even know that place.

    ReplyDelete