Sunday, September 19, 2010

Our Special House Guests

If you’ve been following the blog, you probably have noticed that the topic ghosts has popped up a few times. I’m still not sure if I believe in them, but something is weird at our house. Ethan and I will be in our room, and we will regularly hear doors slam shut when the windows are closed and there isn’t a breeze. Today we noticed a noise that sounded like our dining room chairs being pulled out. One night as I was in the kitchen I heard something that sounded exactly like a finger tapping on the window...but nothing was visibly there....no I was not imagining it...no it was not water droplets or rain...no it was not an insect flying into the window....I’m not sure what it was. I will admit that I am a bit weirded out by these. 
As I mentioned in an earlier post, Jason (who works at Tisa’s) gave us some ghostly advice. He says ghosts are everywhere in American Samoa- but especially on the east and west sides of the island (Great!). He gave us the sea salt to put around the house, and some advice: “Take ownership of your house. Let them no it’s your house and you won’t stand for this!” Ethan and I got a kick out of this. Ethan keeps joking that his going to get a bag of popcorn, sit on the couch, and film me “taking control.” That would be an instant youtube hit.... “the girl who talks to ghosts!” 
Today we were hearing the noises, so Ethan walked into the living room talking to our imaginary friends. “Dude stop slamming our doors. It’s getting old,” he told them. He then proceeded to have a stern talk with them. So he took control...but will the noises stop? 

1 comment: