Sunday, January 17, 2010

Three Day Weekend Extravaganza Begins

We have tomorrow, Monday, off for Martin Luther King day and have been using our 3 day weekend to the fullest. On Friday night everyone came over for a relaxing dinner at my house. Then yesterday I met everyone in town for a day at Sadies. (Sadies is the nice palagi hotel across from my school. It has a restaurant, pool, and a small sandy beach.) Thahn and I got their first. We ordered drinks but felt bad for using the area and not ordering more so we felt compelled to order some dessert. Kate joined us next followed by Rosemary. Thahn was there to get work done, so she eventually moved to a far away table to get away from the chatting. Over the course of the day John and Cynthia and Julia all arrived. Some of us just chatted or read, while others worked on grad school applications. Night eventually came and we ate a delicious dinner. Julia, Rosemary, and I hitched a ride home. It was a beautiful night and there were more stars out than I had ever seen before. I was excited to end it with a ride in the back of a pick up. 
Today we have plans to hike Mt. Alava and camp at the top. I think Kate and Taylor came up with the idea last weekend and I can’t say I’m overly excited. The rest of the group was feeling something new an outdoorsy. I’m the only one who has already done it before, and after having a cold all last week, I’m not ready to face the mountain’s steepness. 
We leave at 2 and I have to figure out how to pack all the water, food, and everything for the night into a bag that won’t kill me on the hike! Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment